Standing up to be Happy

Woke up to a dream today, like the last few days. Ran to surgery ward where we discussed deep vein thrombosis - Virchow's triad and more. Try this question:
A very young girl (13 or 15 year old), comes to emergency room with acute abdomenal pain in the right iliac fossa. What do you do/ask/investigate?
After rounds, where we saw dramatic improvement in a thromboangiitis obliterans case after lumbar sympathetectomy - his left leg which was colder than the normal right limb has suddenly became warmer, Anie, who just landed in India last day, gave us chocolates and the best cake on Earth which her mother made.

Later had fruit salad with ice cream with Trees (who's leaving for home today), Sweety, and Maggie, followed by butter fruit juice and heard about the amazing fight over closed toilet doors in LH. Speaking of going home, Hari is also going home after having handed over Terrorist to a mess worker two days back.

My order for rechargable batteries and there charger was delivered by Amazon/BlueDart in the evening. So, while that's charging, I set up my standing desk again.

My standing desk. The zig-zag aluminium laptop stand was originally meant for using on the bed, but it is very versatile. The wireless keyboard and mouse you see on the table is not used while standing, but rather when it becomes sitting/sleeping desk.
Just as I finished setting it up, I discovered this #100HappyDays challenge and decided I'd enroll. The standing desk and the fruit salad would be happy day #1.

BTW, for that young girl, if you take her to operating theatre, you might not find acute appendix like you wished for. You ask for last menstrual period and rule out Mittelschmerz - which occurs at the middle of the cycle and presents with pain. It'd be a good idea to rule out pregnancy too.

No comments:

Don't Jump On Private Healthcare

Follow me

@asdofindia on Twitter
@learnlearnin on Telegram

About Me

My photo
I am a general practitioner rooted in the principles of primary healthcare. I am also a deep generalist and hold many other interests. If you want a medical consultation, please book an appointment When I'm not seeing patients, I code software, advise health-tech startups, and write blogs. Follow me by subscribing to my writings