Trapped in a Lucid Dream

Note to subscribers: Sorry for all the irrelevant question papers I posted. That was just a way of saving them, and gaining some organic hits.


So, it was pharmacology paper-2 today, and I think I had the longest night in my whole life today. Slept from 2:30 to 5 AM, and that's all. (I know, it's not new for some people out there. My friends had slept everywhere from 45 minutes to 5 hours)

Anyhow, such intense sleep deprivation gave me the amazing chance of experiencing an awesome lucid dream. And read till the end, there's a surprise. So, here's how it goes.

At 2:30 I set my alarm to 6 o'clock, and decided I'll wake up at 5 o'clock. (I don't like waking up to alarm. So, I keep the alarm tuned for a later time which I must absolutely get up at, and instruct my body to wake me up before that. I somehow end up waking between 5 & 6)

And then, I was home all of a sudden. Talking to my dad, watching TV, etc. Suddenly I realize I was dreaming. And here's what made it different - I couldn't wake up! I tried pinching myself, but I just couldn't open my eyes. Like I was stuck. I tried ringing my phone up, so that I'd be woken by the ringtone. But alas! Connectivity trouble inside the dream :P
So, I wrote down about this amazing lucid dream, and without wasting time, went on top of my house and jumped down.

And then I woke up! :D I studied for a while, and went to write the examination.

And then, I actually woke up in my bed, at around 3:30. Still having a long time before 5 o'clock, I went back to sleep.

So, it was a lucid dream within a normal dream. The first one at my home was the second level dream, because it was really hard to come out of it. I felt like it took half an hour for me to come out of it. And the second one was the first level dream. Inception. Mind f***ed.

No comments:

Don't Jump On Private Healthcare

Follow me

@asdofindia on Twitter
@learnlearnin on Telegram

About Me

My photo
I am a general practitioner rooted in the principles of primary healthcare. I am also a deep generalist and hold many other interests. If you want a medical consultation, please book an appointment When I'm not seeing patients, I code software, advise health-tech startups, and write blogs. Follow me by subscribing to my writings