Second year!

Finally, college reopened on Monday.

This year, there are four subjects to write exams in

1. Pharmacology
The introduction class of which I'm in, right now. All those tablets, starting with Paracetamol :P
Note: meghna's mom is our ma'am in this department.

2. Pathology
No introduction class yet, dunno what it is about :P

3. Microbiology
Bacteria, virus, a lot of identifications. This is gonna be like biochemistry.

4. Forensic medicine
The only subject whose textbook I've read already. Mostly legal. Rape, murder, accident, crime.

Apart from these, we start learning other subjects too.

Medicine
Clinical medicine, going into wards,taking history from patients, getting to know diseases up close.

Surgery
To assure ourselves that we actually can go into the bodies of our live friends and relieve them.

Preventive and social medicine
Community medicine
Epidemiology
Call it whatever, this is supposed to be the sexiest department of ug. Going on field trips, interacting with communities.

---

And I reached 5 days earlier than anybody else. :p

"talked" to some juniors. (their classes started on August 6)
Couldn't find anyone of my type yet.

Some other minor works.

And then, it was Monday! Everyone was back. And bad news on day one. Madhura is getting transferred to Bangalore medical college (if that's what she wishes). Also, some 7 new people are joining us.

And first 65 of us started out with intensive coaching in medicine.
The rest with surgery. The first week, as far as now, has been relaxing. No practical, no classes that needa be listened to, pretty much "honeymoon".

And I'm learning to speak Kannada, like I can use just Kannada among my friends, and they'll understand me.

Regarding textbooks, there is nothing to worry about for the time being. I'm not planning to buy any, as long as my laptop hard disk holds on.

And waiting for that day when these boring blank blackboards will be sent to museums.

No comments:

Don't Jump On Private Healthcare

Follow me

@asdofindia on Twitter
@learnlearnin on Telegram

About Me

My photo
I am a general practitioner rooted in the principles of primary healthcare. I am also a deep generalist and hold many other interests. If you want a medical consultation, please book an appointment When I'm not seeing patients, I code software, advise health-tech startups, and write blogs. Follow me by subscribing to my writings