MAA Utsav 2011 - Dr Radhesh

MR guided HIFU

high intensity focused ultrasound.
Necrosis of fibroids without surgery

leiomyoma - uterine fibroid is non malignant but very incapacitating.
Ok. So there is mri, ultra sound directed on the prone patient inside the machine. Painless, non-invasive, targeted, non-anesthetic, ends in 3 hours.

The hifu heats the tumor to 60 degrees, it undergoes necrosis and get absorbed gradually. Reduced symptoms in 1 month.

So after voxel by voxel sonication, there's 80%+ non perfused volume.

Scars don't have blood, so it could burn. But there are scar patch beams

better quality of life!

No comments:

Don't Jump On Private Healthcare

Follow me

@asdofindia on Twitter
@learnlearnin on Telegram

About Me

My photo
I am a general practitioner rooted in the principles of primary healthcare. I am also a deep generalist and hold many other interests. If you want a medical consultation, please book an appointment When I'm not seeing patients, I code software, advise health-tech startups, and write blogs. Follow me by subscribing to my writings