Micro gazing with both eyes open

It was very tough for me to close one eye alone, without using my hand. But turns out that when you're viewing even a monolocular microscope, professionals prefer to keep both their eyes open!
www.labessentials.com/Microscope_Compound_Basics.html
and luckily this was easier for me.
Here's how to view a single eye piece microscope with both eyes open.
In the beginnings,
1. Focus the slide with one eye closed, like you're accustomed to.
2. Use your hand to close the eye while you keep watching the slide.
3. Now, instead of closing the eyelids with the hand, cover your eye with the hand, such that no light enters your non-gazing eye, and keep it open (to see nothing but darkness).
Continue watching the slide with the active eye.
4. Focus, concentrate on the slide. Slowly remove the hand covering your eye without being conscious about it.
5. You must now be having both eyes open, but seeing only the slide.

Yes, the nose piece sometimes superimpose on the slide while viewing like this. But that's just a lapse of concentration, or may be too much of it (because the trick is to forget the other eye and its views)

one tip is to not keep your eyes too close such that your eyelashes block your view

No comments:

Don't Jump On Private Healthcare

Follow me

@asdofindia on Twitter
@learnlearnin on Telegram

About Me

My photo
I am a general practitioner rooted in the principles of primary healthcare. I am also a deep generalist and hold many other interests. If you want a medical consultation, please book an appointment When I'm not seeing patients, I code software, advise health-tech startups, and write blogs. Follow me by subscribing to my writings